There are no bowhunters that I know own a hunting rangefinder for single reason or another. The bowhunters are either very expert to judge yardage or really lucky with their guesses. I found out on a previous bowhunting journey how important this is to account for the angle degree to the target when hunting from a high place. Obviously what I ranged to be thirty and forty yards at the base of the place was not what I desirable to shoot from the stand…the proof was a spotless miss. For this reason I bought the XL450 Laser Rangefinder of HALO Optics which is the best rangefinder for the money also. This is Best rangefinder for hunting in a budget indeed.
Chart of Contents
Reviews on HALO Optics XL450 A Best Rangefinder For The Money
Where to Buy Halo XL450 Rangefinder
- Walmart is a good place for best deals on rangefinders.
- Amazon is also an authorized Halo XL450 Laser Rangefinder
- You can buy the best rangefinder for golf and hunting directly from Halo Optics for any Halo Rangefinders
Halo XL450-7 Hunting Rangefinder First Impressions
When I received the packet from Halo Optics I saw it was tightly packed and neat. The Halo XL450 Rangefinder was in the box and it was covered by a transparent bag. It comes with one CR2 Energizer Lithium battery. I found the halo xl450 user manual also. I would naturally think that the retail packaging has to do with the container that it comes in……it has the melted edges that prevent theft. Disturbance free packaging would probably reduce that hassle and have it in a cardboard box to open easily.
Best laser rangefinder for the money Installation/setup
Uncover the battery compartment located on the back of your halo rangefinder by pulling up the tab and rotating it to the left. Carefully check the arrows on the compartment door. They will must match and now you can remove the compartment door.
After pulling up the battery compartment door, insert the CR2 battery and please make sure that the plus (+) is must facing down.
Please remember that the tabs only can go in one way. So, when you close the battery compartment door, align the arrows that I told few times ago. Then push down the battery and set the cover to the right.
To installation of the lanyard strap, rotate your halo rangefinder over to the bottom side and keep in one end of the lanyard through the hole. Then keep the long end of lanyard through the little loop and pull the taught.
Find the Power button and press it briefly for turning on.
If you set as above you will see one of the four images on the LCD screen of rangefinder.
For focusing the device, find the adjustable eyepiece and rotate it to the left or right until the images you see are in focus.
How to Switch between Modes in Halo XL450 Rangefinder
There are usually four modes in halo laser rangefinder. Identify “mode” key and press it. The modes you will see are:
- Yards measurement in Normal Distance for Track of View space in yards.
- Yards measurement in AI Distance for Factual Space in yards & upright direction.
- Meters measurement in Normal Distance to mark of vision space in meters.
- Meters measurement in AI Distance for true distance in meters & upright position.
How to Use the Scan Mode of this best bowhunting rangefinder for the money
- For using the “Scan Mode”, you have to press and hold the Power button.
- Then you will see ‘scan’ on the screen.
- You will then see the measurements changing on the screen while you change the targets in scan mode.
- Release the power button to stop the Scan mode. This mode can be used in any of the 4 ranging modes.
Halo XL450 rangefinder is a great device for ranging and targeting distant any objects or animals. This rangefinder is one of the best hunting rangefinders that make all of your ranging purposes satisfied with accuracy and precession.
HALO Optics XL450 Laser Rangefinder Specification
- Range: Maximum 450 yards to reflective target
- Маgnіfісаtіоn: 6Х24 mm оbјесtіvе lеnѕ
- Dіѕрlау Туре: LСD/Вlасk
- Dіmеnѕіоnѕ: 4″ х 2.5″ х 1.5″/8 оz
- Wаtеrрrооf/Fоg-рrооf: Nо
- Аnglе Соmреnѕаtіоn: Yеѕ
- Меаѕurіng Ѕуѕtеm: Yаrdѕ/Меtеrѕ
- Меаѕurіng Dіѕtаnсе: Lіnе оf ѕіght/Ѕlоре
- Precise: +/- 1 yard
- Warranty: 1-year
HALO XL450 Laser Hunting Rangefinder Field Test Results and Accuracy Result
I tested the Halo XL450 rangefinder on field to check the performance in the terms of ranging capabilities and optical clarity. I here huge people claim there is no way to objectively test the optical clarity. Because, you know the eyes are different for various people. So you have to look this for yourself. My test result may not be same for you.
Ranging Capabilities of This Best Rangefinder For The Money.
The halo xl450 on field ranging performance is ridiculously good. Although my test were focus on small target 300 yards to 700 yards. In low light condition I was able to consistently get readings to almost 400 yards across a wide canyon at out range. In bright light condition it give me the accurate readings at only range the target to 450 yards. It did not provide the single reading on targets after 450 to 600 yards.
Halo XL450 Laser Rangefinder Pros and Cons
- Maximum range up to 450 yards
- The Angle logic AI technology for angle compensation when correcting for field, elevation or slope.
- Up to 6x magnification power
- Rubber defensive armoring for slip-resistant grip in soaking weather
- The Ultra-silent option as it lacks flipping mirrors encumbering opponent models
- Space-saving, lightweight and monocular handheld design
- Faster laser processing system than previous generations
- Designed for bow-hunting, arrow-shooting, and ballistic excursions
- The Non-reflective targets cut down the power of ranging significantly
- Not ultra-waterproof for drenching in water
Final Halo XL450 Best Rangefinder For The Money Thought
This Halo XL450-7 laser rangefinder review recommends the device for the ranging or trailing as you can take your shots no matter the bend terrified at you by the terrain. An inbuilt inclinometer maps out the comparative angle from the rangefinder to the objective with a approximate figure for accurate shots up or down a hill.
The Angle compensation blends and clockwork ranging accuracy with scan or spot modes for fast-mapping to a major target or moving animals.
The Halo XL450 Laser Rangefinder seals the good deal with the easy pie operations by using the single button and four modes for hunting or firing bullet trajectories.